1. I grew up as an only child, and the noise my 3 children make completely overwhelms me at times. The one thing I miss most about having a husband and 3 children is having my own room. I told my husband that as soon as one of the kids moves out, I’m taking his/her room!
2. One of the best decisions I ever made was becoming a mentor.
3. I really really really want to finish a half marathon. It has been my goal for a few years, but 2014 is when it’s going to happen! Mark my words. Actually, I really really love being a runner. I don’t tell many people I am a runner because I’m __________ (insert negative self-talk here), but it’s how I think of myself.
4. I LOVE gum! Chewing gum, bubble gum, gum for people with dentures. I love it all! My literary idol growing up was Violet Beauregarde from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I am still waiting for the 4 course piece of gum!
5. I think about my grandparents every single day. They have all been gone for 18 years or more, but their love shaped who I am.
6. One of my favorite December activities is choosing a calendar for the following year. There have been years when I didn’t have a calendar until almost February because I didn’t find THE ONE!
7. I have never lived in one house/apartment for more than 7 years. If we don’t move next year, this will be the longest time I’ve lived in one house.
8. I am a lefty. This is a central part of my identity. Not sure why, but I love being a lefty and noticing other lefties in the world.
9. I am a huge football fan!
10. This was really hard for me, which says a lot about me.